- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. 2007
- United States District Court- Southern District of New York
- United States District Court- Eastern District of New York
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction and Real Estate Development
- Construction Litigation and Consulting
- Real Property Litigation
- Coop and Condo Litigation and Corporate Governance
- Non-Profit Representation
- Business Disputes
- Construction-related Personal Injury and Property Damage
- New York City Bar Association- Cooperative and Condominium Committee Member (2018-2020)
Juan C. Restrepo, Esq. is a skilled real estate practitioner with relevant experience in the fields of real estate transactions and Construction Law, as well as Construction, Business and Real Property Litigation.
Mr. Restrepo has represented large and small Owners, Developers, Contractors, Construction Managers, and Consultants in a variety of construction-related matters, including adjoining property and encroachment disputes, delay and acceleration, suspension and termination proceedings, and joint venture and partnership disputes. Mr. Restrepo has also successfully represented both Developers and neighbors in the negotiation of License Agreements, and the prosecution or defense of RPAPL § 881 access proceedings.
As it relates to Real Property disputes, Mr. Restrepo is proficient in litigating specific performance actions, lease avoidance and quiet title claims, Yellowstone injunctions, brokerage disputes, commercial and residential landlord-tenant matters, as well as administrative proceedings with HPD, DOB, HUD, DHCR, and NYS Division of Human Rights. Mr. Restrepo has also represented Developers, Owners, Architects, and other consultants in construction contracting matters, as well as both Landlords and Tenants in their commercial lease negotiations.
Mr. Restrepo’s articles on adjoining property disputes have been published in the journal of Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP) Association, and has appeared as a panelist in multiple forums for the foregoing fields